I need to credit the author of the book I read often on opening ideas. John Watson's book Mastering the Chess Openings by Gambit Publishing has helped me learn some opening theory. I wanted more than just to memorize the moves, I wanted to know the best plans for both sides. His book does an amazing job of teaching exactly that. In my games, I miss the ideas and the correct specific moves all the time. I plan to go back through and study them all again hoping that I will last longer before I make my first mistake of the game.
Closed Ruy Lopez (Spanish opening) - I try to play this if my opponent obliges. I will stick to the Spanish Opening for a while until I feel I have it correct. Then I'll move onto something else.
Play chess online
Sicilian Defense
First I will put up the moves that I typically use and encounter in my games with a failure to find the correct plan (or correct specific moves...I don't know which at this point).
Play online chess
Sicilian Defense Najdorf Variation
These are the actual suggested moves in the Sicilian using a 2....d6 system.
Play online chess
No comments:
Post a Comment